kennen Sie unseren Newsletter? Er hält Sie über unsere Veröffentlichungen auf dem Laufenden. Wenn Sie sich registrieren, bekommen Sie ihn jeden Monat zugesendet.
- keine -
Call for Papers
– von PEGNet
Social protection is a key instrument for fostering social, economic and political development. It is well established that it is not only essential for the reduction of vulnerability, income poverty and income inequality but also for the promotion of human development as it facilitates access to education, health care, nutrition, housing and reduces gender disparities. In recent years, there has been a growing consensus that social protection is also an important requirement for fostering economic growth, social cohesion and political stability. Moreover, social protection can be a useful instrument for climate change adaptation.
The plenary sessions at the PEGNet Conference 2019 will discuss social protection and seek to provide answers to questions such as:
- Which social protection schemes can best achieve the social, political and economic effects mentioned above?
- What factors may prevent or promote the implementation of social protection reforms that would be needed to achieve the SDG’s?
- What are the impacts of socioeconomic factors, political institutions, or prevailing societal norms and values on the political feasibility of reforms in social protection?
- How do different social protection schemes affect one another? How should they be combined with other social and economic policies to maximise synergies, efficiency and effectiveness?
- Stefan Dercon (Blavatnik School of Government and the University of Oxford)
- Saweda Liverpool-Tasie (Michigan State University)
The PEGNet Conference 2019 will provide a platform for leading development scholars, practitioners and policy-makers to reflect on relevant topics in the field of development economics. In addition to high-level dialogue and exchange of ideas, the two conference days will feature parallel sessions based on invited and contributed papers. For more information on the PEGNet conference, please refer to www.pegnet.ifw-kiel.de.
Deadline for Abstract Submissions
The submission deadline for abstracts is 15th April 2019. Notification of acceptance will be sent out in June 2019. The deadline for full paper submission is 1st August 2019.
Guidelines and Selection procedures
We invite submissions of three-page abstracts that focus on policy-relevant topics in development economics. Priority will be given to empirical research with clear implications for policy design and implementation. The submissions do not have to address the conference theme but can be on any topic in the field of development economics. Travel grants will be provided to participants based in and traveling from developing countries.
Please email your submission to [email protected] in a pdf or word file and indicate “PEGNet Conference 2019” in the subject heading.
The conference will be co-organised by the German Development Institute / Deutsches Institut für Entwicklungspolitik (DIE), the Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW), the Center for Development Research (ZEF) at the University of Bonn and the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and supported by the KfW Development Bank.